Wednesday 23 February 2011

Evaluation

4. How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

Research:
To help with my research I looked into other similar music videos with the use of youtube, I then analysis the music video to narrow down the codes and conventions they used, after looking into the music video I then looked into the artist using wikipedia I looked at Gwen Stefani as I found she had similar styles to Lucy Star. I did a case study on Robbie Williams as he is well known across the UK to different age groups this was at the start of this project, I also researched into JLS as they had worked their way up from x factor although they didn't win this was similar to Lucy Star as she went on to the x factor but was knocked out at the judges houses.

I looked into Music Directors and did a case study on Sophie Muller using the internet to present it i did a slide show to put this on to my blog I had to then upload it onto slide share. In order for us to have created a good music video I researched into the codes and conventions of a music video and the theory of Andrew Godwin. Knowing that Lucy Star was signed up to rough trade I decided to do some research to look into their style and the artist that are signed up with them too. To make a good digipak I looked at digpak's though the internet and also by going into my local hmv shop I then used a digipak from an artist and anaylsised it

Planning:
When planning for my music video I started to write journals about what we did in each lessons from the idea to the filming and editing process. As a group we had to firstly discuss what target audience we was aiming for to do this we used prezi and then uploaded them onto our blogs, we created a mood board that allowed us to use images to show the idea and costumes that we were going to use this looked good as we made this together and used images off the internet. After creating our storyboards we created an animatic that showed a moving image of our storyboard, when we had to change our idea we created another pitch using powerpoint.

Production:
The production part of this project was the most challenging as we had to change the idea again and again, we also found it difficult to arrange a day that everybody called do as other people have commitments outside school. However it was the most challenging part but also the most fun as we could relax and have fun filming, filming was good as we kept thinking up new shots that we could use, while performing we had an ipod planning the song out loud as this encouraged us and made us have more fun. Thinking of an location to use was not as hard as i fought it was we all decided to use the costume room as this was the style and image we wanted for Lucy Star, we used one of our houses as it was easier and available.
For the lip sync Lauren put her laptop and we put a karaoke version of Girl Just Wanna Have Fun on this made it easier for myself to follow the words and get them right as I was playing Lucy Star.

When we began to edit we used iMovie first of all for a rough cut to make sure we had got the right footage and it looked okay. Myself, Lauren and Jade had all been showed how to roughly use final cut pro from our other lesson, as a group we showed Kathryn what we knew so that we all knew the same and it was fair for us all. When using Final cut pro we found it easy after we had got use to it all, to create a spilt screen we went onto youtube to follow a video that talked us though what to do this made it a lot easier. We got the same of youtube and converted into into itunes.

For creating the Digipak and the poster I used photoshop to create the effects for the images, to get the font I used I got it off dafont this is a site that allows us to use different fonts. I found that by digipak and poster looked okay but could have looked better and more professional.

Evaluation:
Overall I feel that the finished music video looked and worked well the theme and style that we wanted came across and I am happy with the finishing product, I feel however that my digipak and poster could have been alot better and looked more professional I feel that I spent to much time working on the music video compared to my digipak and poster. I enjoyed working in a group as we all worked together well.

No comments:

Post a Comment